Monday, June 26, 2006

Job Info

It's a company called VMETRO. They are located off of Dairy Ashford and Wittington which is a street past Westheimer. It's really close to where I live so my commute is nice and easy. Heh I won't be getting paid this Friday, but will get paid on July 15th next month. I guess I can't have it all but yeah four day weekend with Monday and Tuesday off.

My title is basically Software Engineer but I practically will be doing a lot more then just programming. I have to work a lot with their hardware so I got these cool little static strips one for my wrist and some for my shoes. So I'll be doing a lot of testing and what not. Also, the hardware that I'm testing and writing software for I have to deal with the shipping. So I'm pretty involved in all aspects of the company which is neat. It's a nice change of pace then straight coding 8 hours a day like a zombie.

I really like my job though and I really like the company. I think I plan to work for maybe a year then start taking night classes towards a Masters. My company pays for that too as long as it's related. So yeah it's all working out like I had hoped for.

But today, I got busted for overdressing. It was my first day and I wanted to make a good impression. Anyway, everything's pretty cool. :)

3 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Abhi said...

Awesome

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Kashif Khan said...

congrats once again. And nothing like a short commute to work

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger sohel said...

congrats yo, i know its a little late, but yah, congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home